All the nuts and bolts on one page!
We have three policies that we feel are important to share with our patients. We strongly believe in our work and professional efforts. We therefore ask you to read this page thoroughly and then sign the downloadable form (link at right) to bring with you at the time of your first appointment, indicating that you understand these policies and agree to comply with them.
Commitment to Treatment Policy
We believe all treatment begun should be completed. Incomplete treatment leads to problems, complications, misunderstandings, and usually further disease. Therefore, if a plan is agreed upon and started, it needs to be completed.
Commitment to Appointment Policy
An appointment in our schedule is a bond of trust and we will be here to serve you and you will be present for treatment. Our office policy is firm in this regard and we will not tolerate frequent cancellations or constant short-notice changes. Your signature indicates that we must have mutual respect for each other's time.
Commitment to Financial Arrangement Policy
We believe we have the responsibility to use the best professional care, skill, and judgment in planning and delivering your dental treatment. Your payment will reimburse us for our services. By signing the form, you are indicating that after all fees are properly explained, you will agree to fulfill your financial commitment to our office promptly and completely.
We strongly believe in our work and professional efforts.
Understanding your insurance coverage can be quite challenging. Our goal is to assist you in maximizing your benefits. We care for patients from many different companies. Each company pays an insurance premium for specific coverage that fits the company budget. Each plan is slightly different in its covered services. We encourage you to become familiar with your policy exclusions, deductibles and required co-payments.
Our courtesy service to you includes:
• Filing your insurance within 48 hours of your visit.
• Electronically filing your insurance (when available) for short turnaround.
• Researching your dental insurance plan to advise you of benefits available to you.
• Re-filing your insurance a second time when necessary.
• Following the American Dental Association guidelines for coding procedures and filing insurance.
Our expectations of you as the owner of the policy:
• Payment of fees not covered by your insurance plan expected when the service is delivered unless prior financial arrangements have been made.
• Understanding that the insurance policy belongs to you and we have no leverage to obtain payment from your insurance carrier.
• Realizing that dental insurance policies restrict some services, use restricted fee schedules (called Usual and Customary Rates-UCR) and exclude some procedures based on prior conditions or length of time on the plan. All restrictions are based on the premium paid for insurance, not our fees or recommended treatment.
• Taking responsibility for payment if the insurance company does not pay our office within 75 days.
• Keeping our office informed of any changes in your insurance coverage or employment.
Thank you for your cooperation with your dental insurance coverage.
In this section are forms that are very important. Before your first visit, please take the time necessary to accurately complete each form at the link below. We suggest that this be done when you're not rushed and can candidly reveal any past fears, disappointments or problems you may have experienced in dentistry. The more we know about you, the better we'll be able to serve you.
North Texas Dental Care
Led by Dr. Jeff Nelson, the only Master of the Academy of General Dentistry in Greenville.
EXCEPTIONAL PATIENT CARE
Personal attention to patient comfort, from oral sedation to patient-controlled entertainment technology
The latest in laser technology services and single-day options for traditionally multi-appointment services